The most interesting things in The Bulletin’s online coverage of Peter Lindsay’s abdication from the throne of Herbert are:
- Mayor-in-waiting Crissafulli’s indication that his missus won’t let him nominate for the Lib’s preselection (as apparently won’t Kim Faithful, the V8 event manager)
- Serial publicity seeker and failed LNP candidate for Mundingburra, Colin Dwyer, is interested in nominating - if they’ll have him (and if they believe that “somebody who understands economics” is a prerequisite for a successfully candidacy)
- Mooney staying coy about whether he’ll nominate as the ALP candidate
I also liked this online Opinion piece (un-attributed) which doesn’t seem to appear in the hardcopy version and which rightfully points out Lindsay’s failings:
- His amateurish effort to Photoshop himself into the study tour report, faking his photograph at a Beirut war cemetery.
- His tawdry plagiarism, with huge slabs of his report lifted straight from Wikipedia and other sources.